Dr. Vivek Goel on building a better health system
This week on WONK, host Edward Greenspon talks to Dr. Vivek Goel, one of the top public health researchers in Canada and the President of the University of Waterloo.
Dr. Goel was an ace up Canada’s sleeve when the pandemic hit. He was on COVID-19’s Immunity Task Force and advised the national body for COVID-19 research. He talks about the unrest in higher education institutions, the importance of health data and what a better pandemic response could have looked like.
Thank you to Johnson & Johnson for supporting this episode.
- Shingai Manjengwa on why we shouldn’t fear AI
- Anne McLellan on how to handle being a Liberal in Alberta
- Chief Crystal Smith on what LNG means for the Haisla Nation
- Marc Garneau on the highs and lows of space exploration
- Peter Nicholson on Atlantic Canada’s great energy transition
- Jayna Hefford on launching the Professional Women’s Hockey League
- Jeff Elgie on the Google deal and his fight to save local news
- Bob Rae on tough times at the UN and Canada’s diplomatic efforts
Listen anywhere you get your podcasts. | Watch for new episodes on Thursdays.