Anne McLellan on how to handle being a Liberal in Alberta
This week on WONK, host Edward Greenspon talks to Anne McLellan.
She is known as ‘Landslide Annie’ for her nail biting wins as a Liberal MP in Alberta. She served as Minister of Natural Resources, Minister of Justice and Attorney General, Minister of Public Safety, Minister of Health and deputy Prime minister. Today, she’s a co-chair, along with former conservative cabinet minister Lisa Raitt, of the coalition for a Better Future. She opens up about working for Jean Chrétien and Paul Martin, why Alberta is misunderstood and Canada’s lack of focus on long-term growth.
- Shingai Manjengwa on why we shouldn’t fear AI
- Chief Crystal Smith on what LNG means for the Haisla Nation
- Marc Garneau on the highs and lows of space exploration
- Peter Nicholson on Atlantic Canada’s great energy transition
- Jayna Hefford on launching the Professional Women’s Hockey League
- Jeff Elgie on the Google deal and his fight to save local news
- Bob Rae on tough times at the UN and Canada’s diplomatic efforts
- Dr. Vivek Goel on building a better health system
Listen anywhere you get your podcasts. | Watch for new episodes on Thursdays.