Shingai Manjengwa on why we shouldn’t fear AI
This week on WONK, host Edward Greenspon talks to Shingai Manjengwa, a leading AI educator and thinker.
Manjengwa is the head of AI education at chainML, a research and development firm. She is also the founder of Fireside Analytics, a data science education company, and the former director of professional development at the Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence. She’s even written a children’s book to teach data science to kids. She breaks down in simple terms how AI actually works, what kinds of challenges it presents and why we shouldn’t fear the future of AI.
- Dr. Vivek Goel on building a better health system
- Anne McLellan on how to handle being a Liberal in Alberta
- Chief Crystal Smith on what LNG means for the Haisla Nation
- Marc Garneau on the highs and lows of space exploration
- Peter Nicholson on Atlantic Canada’s great energy transition
- Jayna Hefford on launching the Professional Women’s Hockey League
- Jeff Elgie on the Google deal and his fight to save local news
- Bob Rae on tough times at the UN and Canada’s diplomatic efforts
Listen anywhere you get your podcasts. | Watch for new episodes on Thursdays.