Bob Rae on tough times at the UN and Canada’s diplomatic efforts
WONK is a podcast about policymaking that also probes the personalities driving the most exciting policies in Canada today. Hosted by PPF President and CEO Edward Greenspon, the show draws inspiration from the acronym WithOut Normal Knowledge. Because normal knowledge isn’t enough, WONK leans hard into the biggest challenges of our time — and asks guests to do the same.
Our inaugural episode features Bob Rae, ambassador and permanent representative of Canada to the United Nations. Ambassador Rae provided deep insight in a discussion that touched on the Israel-Hamas war, Canada’s diplomatic role behind the scenes, and why his father looms large in his work today.
- Shingai Manjengwa on why we shouldn’t fear AI
- Anne McLellan on how to handle being a Liberal in Alberta
- Chief Crystal Smith on what LNG means for the Haisla Nation
- Marc Garneau on the highs and lows of space exploration
- Peter Nicholson on Atlantic Canada’s great energy transition
- Jayna Hefford on launching the Professional Women’s Hockey League
- Jeff Elgie on the Google deal and his fight to save local news
- Dr. Vivek Goel on building a better health system
And if you’re curious about the meaning of the word ‘wonk’, we’ve got you covered.
Listen anywhere you get your podcasts. | Watch for new episodes on Thursdays.