Chief Crystal Smith on what LNG means for the Haisla Nation
This week on WONK, host Edward Greenspon talks to Chief Crystal Smith of the Haisla Nation Council.
Chief Smith is the guiding force behind a multi-billion-dollar LNG project on Haisla territory that is fast becoming a model for Indigenous-led and owned development. She talks about the dramatic changes occurring in her hometown of Kitamaat Village, overcoming environmental opposition to LNG and her hopes for the future.
- Shingai Manjengwa on why we shouldn’t fear AI
- Anne McLellan on how to handle being a Liberal in Alberta
- Marc Garneau on the highs and lows of space exploration
- Peter Nicholson on Atlantic Canada’s great energy transition
- Jayna Hefford on launching the Professional Women’s Hockey League
- Jeff Elgie on the Google deal and his fight to save local news
- Bob Rae on tough times at the UN and Canada’s diplomatic efforts
- Dr. Vivek Goel on building a better health system
Listen anywhere you get your podcasts. | Watch for new episodes on Thursdays.