Marc Garneau on the highs and lows of space exploration
This week on WONK host Edward Greenspon talks to former federal cabinet minister and the first Canadian in space, Marc Garneau.
Garneau has led the Canadian Space Agency and served as ‘Capcom’ at NASA – that is, the voice of Houston on shuttle missions. For his remarkable career(s), his name is etched in the history books, on two high schools and a postage stamp. Garneau talks to host Edward Greenspon about a life of no regrets, the highs and lows of astronaut life, and why he’s never asked Justin Trudeau about his exit from cabinet.
- Shingai Manjengwa on why we shouldn’t fear AI
- Anne McLellan on how to handle being a Liberal in Alberta
- Chief Crystal Smith on what LNG means for the Haisla Nation
- Peter Nicholson on Atlantic Canada’s great energy transition
- Jayna Hefford on launching the Professional Women’s Hockey League
- Jeff Elgie on the Google deal and his fight to save local news
- Bob Rae on tough times at the UN and Canada’s diplomatic efforts
- Dr. Vivek Goel on building a better health system
Listen anywhere you get your podcasts. | Watch for new episodes on Thursdays.