Canada Growth Summit 2019
Thursday April 11, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
255 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2W6
Be a part of the conversation that delivers long term growth in Canada
Some of the best minds, in the same room. Thought leaders and practitioners you’d be unlikely to hear anywhere else discussing the latest policy challenges and opportunities, and sharing insights on how to boost Canada’s GDP.
PPF’s Canada Growth Summit has fast become a Canadian institution, a can’t-miss event on Canada’s economic policy calendar that brings together 400+ of the top minds in policy, business, investment and government. Last years highlights included Finance Minister Bill Morneau, who spoke on “Going the Distance on Inclusive Growth” and Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank of England in conversation with PPF President & CEO Edward Greenspon.
In 2019, the Growth Summit will again focus on some of the big challenges and opportunities confronting the Canadian economy: strategies for big data and IP, the future of work, the economics of cyber attacks, and the diversification of trade.
For more information or if you have any questions related to Growth Summit, please contact Caroline Dumont.
Thank you to our lead partners:
Thank you to our supporting partners:
April 10 – Canada Growth Summit ‘Expert Table’ dinners
Attend one of the Canada Growth Summit ‘Expert Table’ dinners, held throughout Toronto’s downtown on April 10.
Back by popular demand, these dinners offer a select number of Growth Summit registrants an opportunity – on a first-come, first-served basis – to dine and discuss growth-related issues with a range of leading subject-matter experts. Gain insight into the growth and the competitiveness agenda in Canada and globally. Highlights from last year include David Dodge, the former Governor of the Bank of Canada, speaking on “What Canada Needs Next”.
Experts for this year include:
- Hon. Jean Charest, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP and former premier of Québec
- Hon. John McCallum, Canada’s Ambassador to (the People’s Republic of) China and Sarah Kutulakos, Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer, Canada China Business Council
- David Dodge, former governor of the Bank of Canada
- Chantal Hébert, columnist with the Toronto Star and Andrew Coyne, columnist with the National Post
- Clint Davis, Chief Executive Officer, North35 Capital Partners
- Ambassador David MacNaughton, Canada’s Ambassador to the United States
- Murad Al-Katib, President and Chief Executive Officer, AGT Food and Ingredients Inc.
- Goldy Hyder, President and Chief Executive Officer, Business Council of Canada
- Dr. Kathryn Hume, Director of Business Development, Borealis AI
More exciting dinners will be announced shortly.
For more information or if you have any questions related to ‘Expert Table’ dinners, please contact Bev Hinterhoeller
PPF is grateful to our dinner hosts for their support:
April 11 – 32nd Annual Testimonial Dinner
The Summit leads up to PPF’s 32nd Annual Testimonial Dinner, which will take place on the evening of April 11, 2019. Past winners include former Supreme Court Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin, the Bank of England’s governor Mark Carney and Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi.