Energy Future Forum
News & Updates
- Listen to Policy Speaking Podcast featuring Mark Little: Eps.19: The Future of Energy; Re-stabilizing an Industry
- Listen to Policy Speaking Podcast with Peter Tertzakian: Eps.3: The Energy Sector and COVID-19.
- Read a Letter from PPF President & CEO Edward Greenspon to members of the Energy Future Forum.
- Article written by PPF President & CEO Ed Greenspon: Featured in the Globe & Mail
- Read the op-ed written by three of the Energy Future Forum members in the Financial Post
- Learn about what PPF suggests is needed to innovate in the Globe and Mail article ‘Let’s make a deal: Ottawa says yes to Frontier. Alberta gets serious about the oil sands emissions cap.”
About the Project
The Energy Future Forum is a pan-Canadian and multi-year initiative that is working to address climate action and our energy future around one table. Its mission is to develop practical measures that help Canada meet or exceed our 2030 emissions targets on the way to a net zero future, and that strengthen an innovative economy, deepen shared prosperity and enhance national unity. The Forum includes leaders from business and government, along with academic, environmental and Indigenous organizations, comprising participants from five regions. The foundational partners – RBC, Suncor Energy, Hydro-Quebec and the Ivey Foundation, together with PPF – are determined to see this collaborative effort map out an ambitious set of actions that are environmentally sound, economically beneficial and publicly acceptable.
– Linda Coady, Executive Director, Pembina Institute
“It is critical that Canada maintain and advance its leadership position in carbon capture. It must be understood as part of a broader strategy to sustain our comparative advantage as a leading energy-exporting nation and reliable, responsible resource developer. Our commitment to the ongoing reduction of emissions and the attainment of the highest levels of the environment, social and governance standards and performance, must be evidenced in our industry activities. This carbon capture policy initiative points to a serious opportunity for government and industry collaboration.”
– Mac Van Wielingen, Founder and Partner, ARC Financial Corp.