Bilingual Communications & Marketing Specialist
The Public Policy Forum, a national, non-partisan think-tank dedicated to finding innovative solutions to Canada’s most pressing challenges through research and dialogue, is looking for a dynamic, fully bilingual and digitally focused communications and marketing specialist to play a key role in broadening the awareness and impact of all PPF activities and improving its digital presence.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Communications and work collaboratively with management and staff to plan, edit and amplify PPF reports and to promote its events.
The successful candidate should be an innovative communicator who’s familiar with Canada’s policy landscape, enthusiastic about interacting with the country’s top thinkers and policy-makers, and have fresh ideas about how to engage and grow PPF’s diverse audiences on digital and traditional channels.
- Plan, create and manage content for PPF’s website, email marketing campaigns and social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube;
- Promote PPF’s events and research projects to diverse and targeted audiences using digital and traditional marketing methods;
- Track PPF’s digital engagement using analytics tools and provide recommendations on how to widen our audience;
- Proofread and edit reports and other documents in English and French;
- Coordinate the planning, editing, production and distribution of reports, blog posts, newsletters and other publications on all platforms;
- Proactively seek media coverage for newsworthy initiatives, draft press releases, plan media launches and coordinate interviews;
- Collaborate with management and staff to create memorable experiences at PPF’s live events.
Skills and Experience Required
- Post-secondary education in a discipline relevant to communications, journalism, marketing or public relations;
- Strong copy editing skills and the ability to write engagingly in English and French;
- Experience in effective web and digital communications, social media, SEO and analytics;
- Experience in creating marketing plans, including identifying and building audiences for projects and events;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to meet deadlines, multitask and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work collaboratively with PPF staff, designers and external partners;
- Comfort and confidence working with little supervision, such as live-tweeting in English and French;
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication and marketing plans and materials;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office programs is required; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, design principles and basic video editing is an asset;
- Knowledge of website content management practices; Experience with WordPress is an asset;
- Experience with event planning, brand management and content marketing is an asset.
About the Public Policy Forum
The Public Policy Forum builds bridges among diverse participants in the policy-making process and gives them a platform to examine issues, offer new perspectives and feed fresh ideas into policy discussions. We believe good policy makes a better Canada.
Convince PPF’s Director of Communications, Carl Neustaedter, that you’re the one for this role. Email him at Cneustaedter@ppforum.ca