Action Canada Fellowship
The application period for the 2020/21 Action Canada Fellowship has closed. Learn more or reread your application.
The 2019/20 Action Canada Fellowship has just wrapped up. Look back at how these recent Fellows discovered Canada and provided their recommendations on this year’s policy theme, the future of work:
- Vancouver and Victoria study tour
- Yukon study tour
- Nova Scotia study tour
- Quebec City study tour (to come)
- Final presentations and pinning ceremony (see below)
- Report: Inclusive Futures: Indigenous engagement in Canada’s workforce
- Report: Benefit not Burden: Older workers and the future of work in Canada
- Report: More Than a Place of Refuge: Meaningful engagement of Government-assisted refugees in the future of work
Look back at 2018/19 reports on the Future of Food.
What is Action Canada?
Since 2003, Action Canada has successfully organized a national fellowship program that emphasizes leadership development and citizenship engagement. It brings together diverse Canadians from across the country to engage in timely, topical and strategic policy issues affecting our country. Through the Action Canada program, approximately 16 Fellows per year enhance their leadership skills, forge lifelong connections with people and communities across the country and promote greater civic engagement among all Canadians. In 2017, the Public Policy Forum and Action Canada joined forces to expand Canada’s top accelerator of emerging leaders.
Tackling themes with impact
The Action Canada Fellowship is a public policy leadership program that aims to enhance young leaders’ understanding of the country and public policy choices for the future. Each cohort of Fellows examines a different policy topic which becomes the focus of their task force reports.
Learn more about the Fellowship by visiting the website and connect with the impressive alumni network.